Every day, a lot is asked of us again and again. Both mentally and physically. Muscle or joint pain due to, for example, a chronic illness, tired, stressed or skin complaints? Do you recognize this? Then you are really ready for (infra)red light therapy! Light therapy with red and infrared light has a healing effect on skin conditions, reduces pain and has a relaxing effect. Read on for an explanation of red light therapy, the benefits and the difference between infrared and red light (also in use!).
Explanation of red light therapy
Red light therapy lamps aim to affect mitochondria throughout the body. Mitochondria are the energy producing units of our cells. Improving mitochondrial function will improve the overall health of your body. By focusing the LEDs on specific highly therapeutic wavelengths, maximum absorption is achieved. Each Liroma Red Light Therapy infrared lamp contains two LED chips. The double LED chips make it possible to emit two different wavelengths (*expressed in nanometers: nm) with one Red Light Therapy lamp for the most optimal therapeutic treatment. In total, the lamp radiates four different wavelengths and two types of light, namely: near-infrared and red light
Many studies have concluded that this combination of the specific light frequencies of our Red Light lamps are particularly beneficial for the human body. Each specific wavelength has a different effect. Red light reaches a depth that other forms of light, such as UV, blue or green light cannot reach and has a therapeutic and healing effect on the skin. The shorter the wavelengths within the infrared spectrum, the deeper the radiation penetrates the body. Near-infrared light (short wave) is barely visible to the naked eye, but has the most penetrating effect and therefore reaches the deeper tissues , muscles and joints more easily. A combination of these in one lamp is of course also a great development!
The difference between infrared and red light in brief
Red Light Therapy: This therapy uses specific wavelengths of red light to deeply penetrate the skin and has therapeutic benefits for the skin, such as stimulating collagen production and promoting healing.
Infrared therapy: Infrared therapy uses near-infrared light that penetrates deeper into the body and has an effect on tissues, muscles and joints. It helps reduce pain and improve blood circulation.
Do you want to know whether the red light therapy lamp is suitable for you? Read it here.
NIR (near infrared) Red light (visible red light)
25% 830 nm & 25% 850 nm 25% 630 nm & 25% 660 nm
A combination of red and infrared light in one lamp is a great development!
What is red light therapy good for?
- Relieves muscle and joint pain
- Chronic relief
- Skin conditions (psoriasis, eczema and rosacea
- Increases training performance
- Increases ATP level (energy)
- Improves blood circulation
- Improving sleep quality
- Relieves stress
- Accelerates recovery
- Promotes blood circulation
- Reduces skin complaints and conditions
- Helps with wound healing
- Collagen production
- Prevents injuries
- Reduction of scars
- Promotes healing
- Reduces rheumatic complaints, such as fibromyalgia and arthritis
- Stimulates hair growth
When do I use the red light mode and when do I use the infrared mode?
How do I use the red light therapy lamp?
- Ideal frequency of use between 3-7 times per week, maximum once per day per body part. Start slowly, set the lamp to a few minutes at a greater distance and let your body get used to it.
- Rule of thumb: The closer the lamp is aimed at the skin, the shorter the treatment time is recommended.
- Recommended treatment time 5 to 20 minutes at a distance of maximum 90 cm. Þ For a deeper treatment, approximately 10 minutes at a distance of 30 cm.
- When treating the skin, approx. 10 minutes at a distance of 90 cm.
- Use the lamp for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- The lamp has 3 modes: NIR, NIR and RED at the same time and only RED. The set mode is indicated by the two lights (NIR and RED) to the left of the display.
- The lamp will feel slightly warmer after switching on. However, the lamp does not radiate heat.
- Always put on your protective goggles before starting the treatment and never look directly into the lamp while installing the desired program.
- Make sure that the part of the body you want to treat is fully exposed to the lamp's radiation and is not covered with clothing.
It is generally known that an LED lamp is more economical than other lamps. An LED lamp is 90% more efficient than an incandescent lamp and uses 85% less power than, for example, a halogen lamp. The Liroma Red Light lamps are therefore also low in energy consumption.
Advantages of LED
- More economical in energy consumption
- Lasts longer
- Provide full light immediately
- Does not flicker
- Less sensitive to overheating
Always consult a doctor before use in case of contraindications, medical conditions or in case of doubt.